What’s Good This October
Fall is here, which means changing leaves, cooler weather, and more volunteer opportunities around Atlanta!
We’re back with our monthly “What’s GOOD?” series, giving you a rundown of other volunteer opportunities besides our regularly scheduled events. If you’re missing a Community Bucket event this August, or if you just need more volunteering in your life, we’ve got you covered. All you need to do is contact the organization or show up (details for each are included below). You can even invite other CB-ers to go with you, but you don’t need to register through us to attend.
Have an event you’d like to feature next month? Attend an event and want to share feedback or pictures? Send an email to Emily@CommunityBucket.com!
Here are our picks for fun ways to do more good this October:
Year of Boulevard
- What: Join the North Boulevard Corridor Working Group for a community workday
- When: Saturday, October 10th, 9 am – Noon
- Where: Fort Street Memorial UMC, 562 Boulevard NE
- Details: Volunteers will be mulching in our neighborhood parks, picking up litter, pruning trees and removing invasive plant life. Tools, t-shirts, water, coffee and lite breakfast items will be provided.
- Sign up: here
Back on My Feet
- What: Spend a morning running with the Back on my Feet teams!
- When: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings
- Learn More and Sign Up: here
- What: Farm Days
- When: 10 am – Noon, Saturday, October 24th
- Where: 1117 Birch Street, Atlanta, GA 30310
- What: Sorting critically needed medical supplies for under-served hospitals and clinics in need worldwide
- 6 pm – 9 pm, Wednesdays
- 9 am – Noon, Saturdays
- 1 pm – 4 pm, Saturdays
- Where: MedShare, 3240 Clifton Springs Road, Decatur, GA 30034
- Sign up: here
Social Events, Fundraisers, & More!
- What: A speed dating benefit for Concrete Jungle and the Homestead on Concrete Jungle’s farm
- When: 5 – 7 pm, Saturday, October 10th
- Details: $15 gets you Wild Heaven beer, snacks, a potential partner, and the satisfaction of knowing you helped out 2 awesome local nonprofits!
- Learn More: here