SUMMER PROGRAM MANAGER
Community Bucket is seeking a part-time Program Manager to join our team and lead our Summer service initiative. To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. Tell us why you are interested in the role, and share one fun fact about yourself. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until March 31st, 2021.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a desire to build a career path in the nonprofit sector
- You have a love for event coordination and logistics
- You are highly detail-oriented
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty – literally
- You have a passion for local food agriculture and sustainability
Ideal qualifications include:
- Experience planning events and/or volunteer projects (could be for a student organization, religious group, etc.)
- Some knowledge of the local food gardening and farming space is a plus
- Familiar with EventBrite or other event ticketing platforms
- Proactive in your planning, in order to get things done ahead of schedule
- Based in the Atlanta area with reliable transportation
- Ability to attend weekly projects on-site Thursday evenings from June-August
As the Summer Program Manager, you will have ownership of a key program called FeedATL, which has been made possible through a grant from the Food Well Alliance. The event will take place weekly on Thursday evenings at a select group of urban farms around Atlanta. Each event will consist of 60-90 minutes of hands-on service, plus a social activity on-site. Note: All programs will be in accordance with CDC guidelines and will follow adequate safety protocols for Covid-19.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in the the nonprofit/volunteer management sector. You will gain first-hand experience planning, coordinating, and executing volunteer events from start to finish, with an emphasis on making a real impact.
What You’ll be Doing:
1) Project coordination with our farming partners, including scheduling and scoping activities
2) Setting up logistics for a variety of social gatherings to take place after the service portion (e.g. on-site yoga class, happy hour, etc)
3) Preparing farmers in advance, to ensure they are ready for our groups
4) Organizing each service project with tools, supplies, and whatever else is needed
5) Week-of and Day-of preparation and logistics, as well as being on site to help deliver excellent experience to all who attend
6) Measuring impact through light data tracking for our reporting
More about the role:
This is a part-time role that will start in the Spring (March or early April) and will end in mid-September. From March-May, we anticipate around 20-25 hours of work per month, which can be completed on a flexible basis. During the Summer months when the program is live, we anticipate 10-15 hours per week including the time on site for the events. It’s best if you have a flexible schedule during this time frame, or other work commitments such as a day-time internship to accompany your role.
Your ability to be present for the Thursday evening events from June thru August will be critical. Due to the nature of the role, reliable transportation around the Atlanta area is a requirement. We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your resume to Jesse@communitybucket.com. Tell us why you are interested in the role, and share one fun fact about yourself. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until March 31st, 2021.
About Community Bucket:
We started in Atlanta in 2012 with a mission of cultivating local community connections through social volunteering. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, we bring together people who want to meet others and serve their cities in a hands-on way, and we connect them to nonprofits and community groups that need help. Since our founding, we have expanded to Austin and Denver, mobilizing thousands and adding more than $600K in capacity to our nonprofit partners. Our events combine volunteering and social elements in a unique way that truly sets us apart. Meeting people and doing good has never been easier. That’s what “Service Made Social” is all about!