It’s a better way to meet new people in Atlanta… Guaranteed.
Grab your teammates and join us for Tech Gives Back 3.0!
Hypepotamus and Community Bucket, two Atlanta creations, already believe in the power of startups and the power of volunteering. That’s why we’ve joined forces to launch Tech Gives Back! This is a quarterly service event for anyone who works (or aspires to work) in technology or at a startup, and who frankly gives a damn about helping to make this city better. We’ll partner with local grassroots nonprofits that rely on strong groups of volunteers, and you will get to make a difference while strengthening the entire startup ecosystem in Atlanta.
Join us for Tech Gives Back 3.0 on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 and be part of something great. This time, we have 3 projects to choose from in the afternoon, followed up with a happy hour at Techstars for all the volunteers to celebrate their good deeds. Feel free to sign up alone, or with your friends and co-workers. We’re all one community after all…
Here’s a quick look at the project partners we’ll be working with in the afternoon:
- Trees Atlanta (12:30-3pm): Trees Atlanta works tirelessly to address Atlanta’s tree loss, protect its forests, and create new green space. Tress Atlanta serves the metro area and is committed to maintaining and expanding the natural tree canopy of our great city. Park and check in at Brook Run Park which is located at 4770 N Peachtree Rd, Dunwoody, GA 30338.
- Park Pride (12:30-3pm): This group has been maintaining and beautifying Atlanta’s numerous parks for decades, using an efficient distributed model of neighborhood “Friends of the Park” groups who can take pride in their own community assets. Volunteers will work in one of the parks on trash cleanup, invasives removal, and other intense yet fun tasks! Help us clean up the BeltLine in December – enter the trail behind Amsterdam Walk (500 Amsterdam Ave NE).
- Crossroads Community Ministries (1-3pm): Crossroads Community Ministries is empowering citizens who are homeless to progress on the road toward economic and personal self sufficiency. They are in great need of sandwiches for their meal service program, Clyde’s Kitchen. Project located at Tech Stars.
Tickets are only $15, which includes:
- Reserved spot in a seamlessly-run project with some of the finest organizations in our city
- Snacks and supplies during the service project
- Premium soft event t-shirt (one that you’ll want to wear again)
- Happy Hour at Techstars
So, what are you waiting for? We hope to see you on December 5th!
Impact areas: Community Impact, Food Access, Hunger, Parks, Trees, Urban Farming
Please only register if you know you can attend, as spots are limited and we do not like to disappoint our Community Partners with no-shows. If your plans change after you sign up, we ask that you let us know in advance so we can fill your spot. Thanks!