CB ATL: Clothes for a Cause
Community Bucket is hosting a clothing swap and donation event with free fab’rik, which partners with charitable organizations to build on-site boutique-style clothing closets.
These “Dream Boutiques” are free of price tags so survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking can shop without the burden of cost. Whether it’s at a safe house, homeless shelter or foster home, our goal is to remind women just how beautiful and worthy they are.
Here’s How it Works
- Event will take place from 9am-12pm
- All ages and genders are welcome to participate. Participants aged 16 and younger may participate with an adult chaperone.
- To participate in the clothing swap, please try to bring at least 4 items or more with you if you can. Jewelry and accessories are also welcome
- Otherwise, if you would just like to volunteer and don’t want to swap clothes, that’s fine too. We need lots of hands organizing donated items in storage!
- We will have food and drink to help us stay hydrated and motivated throughout the morning
- Per CDC protocols, masks will be required indoors
Quick Note About the Clothing Swap
When considering what to donate, ask yourself “Would I pay for this at a thrift shop?” We want our women to shop gently loved clothing, free of major stains, unintended holes, or heavy signs of wear. You can email email@example.com with any questions or inquiries.
For those that are swapping, we will have tokens for swappers on the day of the swap. The clothing swap will last for the first hour and a half. Once we finish the clothing swap, all unclaimed clothing will be donated to free fab’rik then organized by size, season and function. These clothing items will be sent out periodically to our charitable partners and boutiques, based on need.
Come learn about this great programming supporting women and children in our community in a dignified way, make some new friends, and maybe go home with a few new items of clothing for your closet!