CB ATL: Flourish at Peachtree Hills Park
Our theme for June is FLOURISH. We have all been closed in for months, and it’s time to take to the outdoors with a healthy dose of intention to start rebuilding ourselves and our communities. Join us all month for opportunities to serve and support with this theme in mind.
We’re back to volunteering in person this month, with all the health and safety precautions necessary. On Saturday, June 27th, help our partner Friends of the Park with an opportunity to get outside and improve Peachtree Hills Park. It’s what our Service Made Social mission is all about.
Due to social distancing measures, we are limiting this project to 15 volunteers maximum but will have a waitlist as well. We will provide gloves that are washed but you are welcome to bring your own. Tools will also be provided and sanitized for you to use.
Here’s what to expect:
Let’s Serve Together (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM):
You will break into a group of four and tackle invasive plants that need to be removed. Peachtree Hills Park is a 5-acre greenspace with plenty of space to stay distant (see below for new rules on how we are ensuring safety during the project).
Because of the circumstances, we will not be gathering afterward for a social like we usually do. However, you should feel free to stick around and chat (from a body’s length away) with your fellow volunteers when we finish!
We handle all the planning. For you, it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Donate to reserve your spot
- Stay tuned during the week of the event for an email with all the details about the day-of
- Show up alone, or invite friends to register. Either way, you’ll have a blast!
5 rules for ensuring a COVID-resistant service experience this summer:
- Stay Six Feet Apart: We love greeting you with handshakes and hugs, but we’ll be keeping an appropriate distance at all times. We will ensure volunteers remain separated with all our tasks, and during our welcome and wrap-up gatherings.
- Cover Yo’ Face: Masks are required for every volunteer. No exceptions. Good news is, it helps protect you from the sun, too.
- B.Y.O. Supplies: As much as we want to share snacks, water and sunscreen, we ask that you pack your own and resist the friendly urge to share with others.
- Germ-Free For All: We’ll provide hand sanitizer at every project, and we will sanitize all tools and supplies before and after each project. If you’re still nervous about germs, we’ll provide gloves for your convenience.
- Common Sense is The Best Hope: Please do not show up if you experience any symptoms or know that you have been exposed within 2 weeks (in case we still need to remind you of that…) At the end of the day, your responsible actions will keep everyone else safe!