CB DEN: Love Your City Part One – Food Drive
Love Your City is an annual event to give back locally and celebrate the city we all call Home. This year, LYC events will look a little different due to COVID-19. Join us for a week long virtual food drive for Denver families starting Sunday, February 14th. (And a fundraiser cooking class later in the month!)
Events will be held simultaneously in our core cities – Atlanta, Austin, and Denver – so you’ll be part of something big!
Here’s how it works…
This isn’t your ordinary food drive! We challenge you to turn your food donations into a work of art, recreating your favorite Colorado landmark (i.e. use soup cans to make the Colorado flag).
- Sign up here, then shop for food items (we’ll provide a list of critical needs)
- Rally your friends, neighbors, and co-workers or just participate on your own
- Get Creative – turn your food into a small work of art with a Colorado theme
- Take a photo and post to social media (tag @communitybucket and use #LoveYourCityDenver) or email it to email@example.com if that’s more your style
- We’ll share a list of drop off points for your donations at our favorite local businesses across Denver, between February 14th – February 21st
- If you prefer to donate money, we will shop on your behalf and all proceeds will go directly toward the food collections
At the end of the week, all food items will be delivered to local food pantries that are facing critical needs during this difficult time.