CB DEN: Love Your City Part Two – Cooking Class
Love Your City is an event dedicated to supporting the local Denver community in new and interesting ways. As Part Two of this year’s LYC event, we are teaming up with the awesome folks at SAME Cafe for a virtual cooking class and fundraiser evening on February 22nd.
You’ll learn some new cooking techniques from their two master chefs, and you’ll get a chance to connect with some like-minded folks in our community. Plus, you’ll learn firsthand how this amazing local nonprofit is combating hunger in the most delicious way possible.
Don’t miss out on Part One: Food Drive happening February 14th-21st
Here’s how it works…
- We will kick-off the event on Zoom starting at 6 PM MT on Monday February 22nd
- You can reserve your spot with a donation here (recommended $20 minimum donation). If you’re unable to make a donation at this time, you can still participate (see below).
- We’ll spend about 60 minutes learning from Letisha Steele and Carrie Shores, the two chefs at SAME Cafe in Denver. There will be vegan and gluten free options offered.
- Before the event, we will send out an ingredient list so you can cook alongside them from your own kitchen if you wish
- Gather your friends, neighbors, and co-workers or come alone and meet new people. Either way, you’ll have a great time guaranteed.
After the class, you’ll also receive two $12 tokens for the restaurant – one to use yourself, and one to pay it forward to a friend or someone in need.
About SAME Cafe
SAME Café is a donation-based, fair exchange restaurant that serves healthy food to everyone, regardless of ability to pay. Their mission is to create community through healthy food access. SAME believes in healthy food, community, and dignity for everyone. SAME Cafe is the first non-profit restaurant in Denver.