Spread joy this December by spending your holiday season volunteering around Atlanta!
We’re back with our monthly “What’s GOOD?” series, giving you a rundown of other volunteer opportunities besides our regularly scheduled events. If you’re missing a Community Bucket event this December, or if you just need more volunteering in your life, we’ve got you covered. All you need to do is contact the organization or show up (details for each are included below). You can even invite other CB-ers to go with you, but you don’t need to register through us to attend.
Have an event you’d like to feature next month? Attend an event and want to share feedback or pictures? Send an email to Emily@CommunityBucket.com!
Here are our picks for fun ways to do more good this December:
- What: Sorting critically needed medical supplies for under-served hospitals and clinics in need worldwide
- 6 pm – 9 pm, Wednesday
- 9 am – Noon, Saturdays
- 1 pm – 4 pm, Saturdays
- Where: MedShare, 3240 Clifton Springs Road, Decatur, GA 30034
- Sign up: here
- What: Volunteer Day at Vine City Park
- When: Saturday, Dec. 5th | 1 – 5 p.m.
- Where: Magnolia St NW, Atlanta, GA 30314
- Sign up: here
- What: Your choice of packing meals or delivering meals to clients
- When: Check the calendar for opportunities every day in December
- Where: 181 Armour Dr NE, Atlanta GA 30324
- More Info: Sign up online here or call 404-872-2707 to volunteer
- What: Assist with programming and guest relations at the new Trees Atlanta TreeHouse!
- When: Flexible times are available
- Where: Right on the Atlanta BeltLine: 112 Krog St NE #7
- Details: Inform visitors about Trees Atlanta and the Atlanta BeltLine Arboretum; Prepare materials for educational activities hosted at the TreeHouse; Assist with administrative tasks; Help prepare and oversee special events at the TreeHouse; Lead kids’ activities indoors or outdoors; Read to kids during our Thirsty Roots Reading Group
- Special Note: A background check is required prior to your first visit as a TreeHouse volunteer.
- Sign Up Here: Email email@example.com if you are interested.
Arabia Mountain Heritage Area
- What: AMP Ambassador Program
- Details: We need volunteers to help by letting us know when and where they are on the trail and acting as a friendly face for visitors. It sounds simple, but just being out there will make the trail a more inviting place for everyone!
- Learn More: here
Social Events, Fundraisers, & More!
TreeHouse Brown Bag Lunch & Learn
- What: Tabitha Schwartz discusses a holiday tree craft
- When: December 10th
- Sign Up Here: We appreciate a note to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to come, but drop ins are welcome, too!
Holiday Tree Greetings
- What: Available every year from Thanksgiving to Christmas, The Holiday Tree Greeting is an attractive card that packs a powerful punch: a tree is planted because of it, or rather because of you. For every holiday tree greeting you purchase for $25, we send a card to the friend, family member or associate of your choice. Each card tells your loved one that a one-year old tree is being planted in their honor, through Trees Atlanta’s NeighborWoods program. As always, we’ll hand-address the envelopes to your recipients for a personal touch. The Holiday Tree Greeting is an excellent alternative to wrapped gifts for your friends, family, and business associates. Not only will this unique and meaningful gift help you breathe a little easier – literally – it’s easy, earth-friendly, and tax-deductible.
- Learn More and Order: here