09 Nov What’s GOOD This November
Celebrate what you’re thankful for this November by giving back to your community!
We’re back with our monthly “What’s GOOD?” series, giving you a rundown of other volunteer opportunities besides our regularly scheduled events. If you’re missing a Community Bucket event this November, or if you just need more volunteering in your life, we’ve got you covered. All you need to do is contact the organization or show up (details for each are included below). You can even invite other CB-ers to go with you, but you don’t need to register through us to attend.
Have an event you’d like to feature next month? Attend an event and want to share feedback or pictures? Send an email to Emily@CommunityBucket.com!
Here are our picks for fun ways to do more good this November:
Georgia Chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America
- What: 7th annual Night of Hope Gala
- When: 10pm – 12pm, Saturday November 14th
- Where: Mason Fine Art and Events in Atlanta (located at 415 Plasters Avenue NE)
- Details: Volunteers will help to remove tablecloths, move tables and chairs, pack up supplies, etc. after the Gala
- Questions? Email Erin Forsell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency
- What: Cafe 458 is a full-service restaurant run by volunteers, where proceeds directly support the programs of Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency.
- When: 9am – 4pm every Sunday in November
- Where: 458 Edgewood Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
- Details: Volunteers serve as hosts, waiters, dishwashers, and even help in the kitchen!
- Questions? Email Dana Johnson
Back on My Feet
- What: Spend a morning running with the Back on my Feet teams!
- When: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings
- Learn More and Sign Up: here
- What: Farm Days
- When: 10 am – Noon, Saturday November 7th & 21st
- Where: 1117 Birch Street, Atlanta, GA 30310
Social Events, Fundraisers, & More!
GEORGIA GIVES DAY IS NOVEMBER 12th!
The 4th Annual Georgia Gives Day will take place on Thursday, Nov. 12, 2015. This state-wide online fundraiser will drive awareness and donations for participating nonprofits across Georgia, encouraging residents to come together for a 24-hour day of giving. Donate to your favorite Georgia non-profit at https://www.gagivesday.org/
Alliance Theatre Mimosas and Matinees
- What: Mimosas and Matinees, a networking event targeted towards young professionals
- When: Saturday, October 10th
- Where: Brunch at Table 1280 followed by a matinee show at the Alliance Theatre
- Details: $40 for brunch, mimosas, and the show
- Learn More and Buy Tickets: here
Atlanta Community ToolBank Cocktails and Ladders
- What: Benefit for the Atlanta Community ToolBank
- When: 7-11 pm Saturday, November 14th
- Where: The Commerce Club Atlanta, 191 Peachtree Street 49th Floor
- Details: Enjoy a premium open bar, delicious hors d’oeuvres, live entertainment, and a silent auction benefiting blue tool lending
- Details and tickets from $125 here
Global Growers A Toast to the Culture in Agriculture
- What: Global Growers farmers are partnering with the culinary team at Makan to highlight South Asian food cultures with a traditional Asian Pig Roast for their 4th annual cocktail fundraiser.
- When: 6pm – 8pm Tuesday, November 17th
- Where: Makan restaurant Decatur, GA
- Details: The event will feature bountiful food tastings, signature cocktails, a photo exhibit, and a special surprise. Proceeds from the event will be support Global Growers’ work to connect new American families to land, education, and markets in the Atlanta area.
- Details and tickets from $48 here – or sign up to volunteer instead by clicking here