06 May What’s GOOD This May?
We’re giving you even more ways to do good in ATL!
As part of our new monthly “What’s GOOD?” series, we’re going to give you a rundown of other volunteer opportunities besides our regularly scheduled events. If you’re missing the Weekend of Good, or if you just need more volunteering in your life, Community Bucket has you covered. All you need to do is contact the organization or show up (details for each are included below). You can even invite other CB-ers to go with you, but you don’t need to register through us to attend.
Questions? Have an event you’d like to feature next month? Contact Emily@CommunityBucket.com
Here’s our pick for fun ways to do more good this May:
- What: Planting seedlings in their organic community garden
- When: Every Saturday Morning – May 16, 23, 30
- Where: 1286 Oakland Terrace SW, Atlanta GA 30310
- More Info: Contact Farmer P or Lovey Gilliam at 678.949.8530
East Atlanta Beer Festival
- What: Volunteer at the East Atlanta Beer Fest (pouring…drinking…etc.)
- When: Saturday, May 16 10am – 6pm (various times)
- More Info: www.eastatlantabeerfest
The Mad Housers
- What: We build huts for folks who are homeless. Sometimes we build hut panels, sometimes we take panels out to a client site and assemble them into a hut, and sometimes we need to organize our warehouse, but every task directly or indirectly will help someone!
- When: Sunday, May 24 10am-2pm
- Where: 2175 Worthem Avenue, #B, Atlanta GA 30311 (Warehouse in the back, NOT house) Details at: http://madhousers.org/location
- Plan Ahead: It’s advised to wear dirtyable clothes and long pants and closed-toe shoes are a definite must.
The Wylde Center
- What: Planting, digging, weeding and mulching for Decatur’s biggest sustainable gardening project
- Saturday, May 16th 9am-Noon. Workday at Edgewood Garden. 1503 Hardee Street, Atlanta, GA 30307
- Sunday, May 17th – Spring Sprouts Festival. Registration Required: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a094daba929a57-spring
- Saturday, May 23rd 9am – Noon. Workday at Sugar Creek Garden. 415 East Lake Drive, Decatur, GA 30030
- Plan Ahead: Wear garden appropriate clothing, bring water, use sunscreen and bug spray. Check the calendar before arriving for cancellations and changes: http://wyldecenter.org/volunteer/
Open Hand Atlanta
- What: Meal packing in the food warehouse
- When: Monday, May 18th 9am-Noon
- Where: 181 Armour Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
- More Info: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-872-2707. Or learn more at openhandatlanta.volunteerhub.com